Monday 15 December 2014

Life without FaceBook

Finally..........., I had the nerve to go off FB after 3 and half years being a slave to it.

And a slave I was.  I had wasted millions of hours on it. If I don't checked it in a single day, I felt empty, life is not complete...lol.. When I think of the things I could do instead, wow... I could earn a degree, complete all my half read novels and clear all the pending clutter in my home.

Then, there's feelings which are hurt by some people's remarks and being lied to.  And the feeling of being inadequate when no one likes your post.  Not to mention the pressure of wanting to post every single thing I did and eat in one day.  And photos I must take and share.  Selfies..., wefies.. just to follow the trend.  And other temptations that lay before me..  Oh dear me!!... I feel silly thinking about it now. Thank God, I have never fall prey to any money scam yet.

I prayed for God to give me strength.  I guess he did.  On the first day of advent, I deactivate my FB.  How did I feel?  I'm still alive, my mind is clearer, I'm able to focus more in my work.  I did not miss it from day 1.   I even thought of deleting it.  But I still miss my close friends in there.  So it will remain, but somehow this time I control it, not the other way round. 

I feel so good..., I have to record it here.

cheers
Mizz T

No comments: