Wednesday 12 November 2014

Counseling... Psychology .....

Last Friday, 7 November, i signed up to attend a basic counseling skills workshop organised by my Uni.
Boy....!! was it tough.!  During one of the role play activities, i ran out of questions to ask and felt stuck. We are not allowed to ask the 'why' question.  And got me to wander if i really can do this. ahakss...

Anyway,  I'm kinda inclined towards counseling.  I deal with people (being a recruiter in HR) everyday at work.  Staff coming to see me with all kinds of issues and problems.  The hardest part i felt of being a counselor is the listening part.  I tend to interfere too soon.

The two most important rules that i learnt if you want to be a counselor is;
1. Be a good listener
2. Intend to help

Yess... it sounds easy right?  In practice it's not.  So now, the urge to take up a degree in Psychology is getting stronger.  I feel that it is very relevant to my everyday life; at work, at home, with people.

I leave it to the Lord.  God willing, I will be able to take it next year.

Till next time
Mizz T

No comments: